We’ve released a big update today to the spaced repetition algorithm and flashcard management.
There is nothing you need to do right now, it just gives you more control over your reviews if you want (also, loading your flashcards has become significantly faster!).
The update allows you to:
- Manage all your flashcards in one place
- Quickly suspend topics, mark them for review today or defer them until tomorrow
- Search through your flashcards to mark specific topics for review (or suspend them)
- Set daily limits for reviews and new flashcards (so you can spend less time reviewing and more time encoding, for bigger learning gains!)
- A smart limit has been applied to existing accounts (based on recent review points)
- Change the settings of the spaced repetition algorithm (usually not needed, again you will get much bigger learning gains if you spend that time on better encoding the information instead)
- The default settings have changed! This means the flashcards you’re seeing due for review right now may differ slightly (the settings listed above allow you to customize that though)
- As you may have noticed, the algorithm settings are very similar to Anki, and one thing we plan to release soon is the ability to import Anki decks including all your scheduling information.
Here’s a quick video on how to use the new features: